Roxanne and Gary gave me the cutest birthday present while we were in Mexico. It's a "children's book" called IT'S A BOOK by Lane Smith. Considering the print world is quickly giving way to a more digital one--and that "the kids nowadays" have always had technology like computers and iPads and e-books in their lives (and, okay, if we're going to be technical, I've always had a computer in my life, too, being the tender age of 24 and having parents who worked from home)--I found this little book relevant and hilarious. Here are a few peeks inside:
I just spoiled the ending, but isn't it cute?! What a great present for anyone who loves books.
You can buy it here!



what a perfect gift for you! I still pick up books from time to time, but mostly have my nook. Just finished The Invisable Bridge. Couldn't put it down. Hope all is well with the three of you. How is Niles and his problem? I still miss my Funny Face, Buddy and Princess Bandit..
ReplyDeleteNiles is fine now that he has his special food that makes him pee all the time. We haven't taken him to the vet since! I miss your cats, too--I remember when you first got them.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I will ever NOT buy books. A downside to having a Kindle is not being able to see the covers in color--or at all, really, and I don't like that. I feel like a great cover completes a book.