Today it was lovely to find I was shredded to bits by a blog that prides itself on being mean, diehipster.wordpress.com.
Although this doesn't even deserve a response, I'm going to say one thing about it and never mention it again.
I started this blog as a way for friends and family to stay updated on what we were doing. I'm not expounding on the ways of the universe. I'm not writing this to show my depth and intelligence on various subjects -- it's just a place where I can tell my friends and family what we're up to without having to call everyone every day. It doesn't concern anonymous people who are so caught up in being "real New Yorkers" that they have to feel better about themselves and their validity in the world by hating everybody else. I am constantly in awe of how people can find fulfillment by being cruel to people they don't even know.
You can harbor all the hate you want and call me whatever you want. All it does is make you an ugly person. And it's also sort of sad.
I can see the argument that this is a public blog that is, after all, on the Internet, where anyone can see it. But please keep in mind that words do hurt. I'm not just a web address, I'm not an insipid "hipster" -- I'm just a girl trying to cope with living in a city that isn't kind, which has obviously been proven many times over today.
Thanks.
11 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Sarah you said it perfect, haters have no heart! I love you keep on keeping on girl. love mom
ReplyDeletejoann says...Way to go Sarah...you make me so proud that you can rise so far above the "so called intellectuals" of this world...in the end all that matters is that we stay true to our core values....
ReplyDeleteSarah, read the nonsense on that blog (which I shouldn't have!) I love reading your blog and keeping up with you guys. I have all sorts of stuff I want to say about people who exist only for hate...but I won't. Remember - Always do what you are afraid to do. Love you guys! NICK
ReplyDeleteThank GOD you have more of a life than the jerk who preys on others to feed his own. I heart you! -Jackie O
ReplyDeleteYeah, I don't really know what to say about this... seems strange that someone who doesn't know you would take the time to find your blog and post it for people to make fun of, and all of us hodunk "Pennsyltuckians" where you came from. Clearly we Nebraskans all have a lesson to learn from a Texas transplant who's a failed writer with a fabulous leather ensemble, long flowing white hair and his cats prominently featured on the "Who We Are" on his blog. Didn't you know raising carnivorous plants is the American Dream realized?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, it doesn't really matter what the individual people's stories are or what they say. There's no doubt people use the internet as permission to be bullies, and they'd take plenty of offense if someone used their exact words against someone their mom or sister or child. This is getting too long, so I just want to say that you shouldn't let this change the tone of your blog. Your family and friends enjoy reading it and that's all that matters.