I can't go because I have to work, and I really need the money after my holiday spree on Monday.
I feel like this is always the story. I can't wait until the day(s) Tyler and I can BOTH sleep in and have a weekend to spend together! And when I can go along on these excursions, too...
But I'm using my weekend of solitude to my advantage by doing all the things Tyler doesn't like. That means I can do things like:
- Light the perfumiest, best-smelling candle ever. And Ty won't be here to open a window and complain about it.
- Listen to cheesy Christmas music on Pandora
- Listen to cheesy Christmas music on Pandora while wrapping Christmas presents with the NY Times I brought from work today since I'm too lazy to buy wrapping paper
- Take a BUBBLE BATH and try to finish my book before it's due back at the library
- Give myself a facial
- And a manicure -- but with no nail polish, because I hate nail polish. Also, one of my fingernails ripped off when I tried to fix the radiator a couple of weeks ago, so it's on perma-Band-Aid status
- Watch ANYTHING I WANT on Netflix...I might get to indulge in my guilty pleasure -- 19th century romantic dramas...!
- Go to bed as early as I want without feeling guilty about it
- Make the bed in the morning! Tyler refuses to ever make the bed because he sees it as a pointless act, since one will only go back to bed later. He also has a theory that bacteria will grow in our bed if the sheets are pulled up. I'm very serious. I, on the other hand, feel like our apartment looks so much nicer by the one simple act of making the bed. I feel like it's a good start to my day and makes me organized. I'll even make the bed in the middle of the afternoon when I get home from work, even though I'll just crawl back into it a few hours later. It just...I don't know. Makes me feel good, dammit!
- Have the bed all to myself...I CAN SPREAD OUT!
- Snuggle with Niles
- BAKE SUGAR COOKIES!
- Eat all of the sugar cookies because Tyler doesn't like sweets
- Do the yoga and pilates workouts on Netflix and pretend they are counteracting the sugar cookies, even though they probably aren't.
Oh yeah, and I have to work.
But tonight is mine!
Have fun in the cabin with 9 people, Ty.

joann thinks that your time sounds a whole lot more relaxing and restful than Ty's. You and Niles enjoy!
ReplyDelete