21 June 2011

Street Photography

A couple Fridays ago Monika and I were walking in Soho to eat at Peels with our significant others. It was after work -- I was hot, tired, and for some reason I decided to wear boots that day without socks, which everyone knows is a no-no when it's hot out! What was I thinking?

Anyway, we got stopped on the sidewalk and a girl asked to take my picture for her blog. I instantly felt self-conscious -- do I pose? Do I smile? Where should I put my hands? How do I look natural? In other style blogs the fashion-forward subjects always look so poised and self-assured, confident in their sexiness and bitchin' style...but here I was in a ruined silk shirt (ruined as in, I wore it to a dance party the first day I got it, someone spilled their beer all over my back, and I was so worried it would stain that I washed it right away when I should have had it dry cleaned), black shorts, and my sweaty Frye boots.

The blog is called No More Blue Jeans and she took this picture. Maybe someday someone will see me when I really feel good about my outfit (and my hair) and I can pull off that sexy stance I see in so many other street fashion pictures! But at least I got a nice self-esteem boost that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment