Happy Summer Solstice.
Though I love summer dearly, it's a season I welcome with a tiny bit of dread -- it's bug season. More specifically, it's mosquito season.
I'm allergic to mosquitos, and to make things even worse, they just can't get enough of me. (It's probably because I'm so sweet. Right?) When I get bit, my surrounding skin swells to elephantitis proportions--well, maybe not that big, but enough to where it looks like I got whacked with a golf ball.
Proof? Please see where it bit my finger:
The past two nights I have been eaten alive in my sleep -- the total count is 14.
Tyler's total count: 0.
Whyyyyyy?!?!?
So you can imagine my satisfaction this morning when Tyler pointed out the nefarious mosquito in the bathroom. That mosquito kept me awake for most of last night -- and it kept Ty awake, too, because I kept getting up and moving around, convinced I was covered in bugs. In my maniacal obsession to exact revenge on the mosquito, I took my shoe off and followed it as it buzzed lethergically by, full of my blood.
SPLAT!
Blood--MY blood that was the mosquito's feast--made a small bright spot on the wall, and all that remained of a nasty little bug was its guts on the bottom of my shoe. But I don't feel bad about it. I've won!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

welcome to my life bara I have to spray head to toe every few hours and Dad never gets bit I don't get it. Dad did spray the lawns with bug killer stuff and it's worked pretty nice. Preparation H is good for your bites, takes away the swelling and itching. Can't wait to see you and I love ya!
ReplyDelete