08 May 2011

Moms

Happy Mother's Day, mothers! Mom, thanks for putting up with me for 23 years. Thanks for driving me to (and allowing me to take) 4 different dance classes at the same time, waiting in the Barnes & Noble line at midnight to buy Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for me, not putting up a stink when I quit band not long after you made the final payment on my clarinet, finding me a new school when I refused to go back to Westside after the third anguished day of 7th grade in a new state, and offering to give back my fake ID when I wanted to see the Flaming Lips. Thanks for all the awesome birthday pool parties and the Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream cake you picked up for the occasion every year for about 17 years. Thanks for putting up with my horrible middle school music phases. Most of all, thanks for being so supportive of us when Tyler and I announced we were moving to New York. It would have been so much harder for me if you weren't!

1 comment:

  1. It was and is my pleasure to be your Mom, you make it easy. I love you with all of my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete