27 May 2011

BEA

Sarah and I badly posing with at the Lulu.com booth. I wish I had ducked down further!



This past week I got to attend my first-ever BookExpo America (BEA) show. It's just what it sounds like: held in a huge convention center, thousands of publishers set up booths to show their wares, talk to editors and agents, etc. There are panels and forums held, conferences, talks about the digital world, and fellow literary assistant Sarah Smith and I were able to go last Thursday morning and walk around.



I saw Jane Lynch (from Best in Show and Glee) signing books, nabbed some free stuff, and put a temporary tattoo on from Two Dollar Radio Press -- a temporary tattoo that stayed on for four days. I stopped by the University of Nebraska Press booth -- where I had my internship in college -- and said hi to the gals there. It was fun to see so many people interested in books; I know it's an old hat to many editors and publishers who have attended this dozens of times, but it was still exciting to me, a newbie in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment