25 May 2011

I Kinda Heart New York


This blog post by one of my favorite bloggers, Joanna Goddard, made me laugh because it's exactly how I feel. I know some people who are absolutely bonkers about this city, but most of the time I'm just sort of "eh" about it. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy living here, and there are bursts of love sometimes when I think about all the opportunities, public events, free stuff, etc. that's available, but other times, like when I have to study the sidewalk to avoid stepping in piss (animal or human), or when I'm crammed like a sardine in a subway car, or when I remember that our monthly rent is more than my parents' mortgage, I think -- why?



2 comments:

  1. I miss you guys.. How've you been? Any chance you'll be coming to Omaha any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4th of July weekend! Only for a couple days -- I get in late the 1st and leave early the 4th. Let's get morning coffee or breakfast or something so I can meet Maddie.

    ReplyDelete