Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all had fun ringing in 2011 (except my parents, who went to bed at 9:30). I was working, but it was still a good time, and Tyler briefly met up with me at midnight.
Looking back, 2010 has been a pretty decent year. Tyler graduated with his MA, landed a job pretty quickly, and we traversed the country to see what NY has in store for us. We celebrated our one year anniversary of keeping our cat alive and our three year anniversary in July. I've been on a cruise around Manhattan, hailed a cab, saw the Rockefeller tree, passed Lady Liberty, and overcame my fear of talking to strangers on the phone. I've tried Venezuelan food and eaten an unhealthy amount of bagels. I started school again and can't wait for my new classes to start in February.
Most importantly, I've learned to love where we live. When we went to Omaha for Thanksgiving, I didn't want to leave. I was sad to come back to Brooklyn. But when I was there for Christmas, I actually MISSED New York and was so glad to come home. I missed our cat, our routine, and the friends I've slowly started to make here. I no longer shriek at the sight of a cockroach, which is really a vast improvement. Slowly but surely I've learned to stop comparing Omaha to New York and just embrace our vibrant neighborhood with all its smells, people, and misspelled signs.
And, thanks to New York City, my patience has increased due to waiting in lines, waiting for trains, buses, cars...and not having to drive, of course!
Hopefully 2011 is as kind as 2010. And hopefully 2011 will see some visitors! We'd love to have you!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment