
Earlier this week New York got 15 inches of snow. I didn't even know there was going to be a snowstorm, which is strange because anyone who knows me know I'm obsessed with the weather. I have a Weather Channel app on my phone and check it multiple times a day. But apparently I didn't check it last week; I walked home from work under cloudy skies and 30 degree weather, went to sleep, and when I woke up the next morning our neighborhood was a wonderland of snow-covered cars, and the wet snow coated the big tree outside our window.
Everyone was late to work, and it was soon decided amongst us assistants that we needed to build a Trident Snowman over our lunch break. So we went across the street to Madison Square Park and....built a snowman.
And threw snowballs.


The boys politely refrained from throwing too many snowballs.Meanwhile, Tyler was on the 37th floor of this building...

The snowman was a little difficult because nobody really remembered how to build one. I packed a snowball or two and rolled them around and piled them on top of each other, but somehow everyone ended up packing snow around the snowman and "filling in the cracks" so to speak...so in the end our snowman was just a large rectangle.

I found our snowperson some arms, and Monika and Iris worked on the face while everyone else watched attentively...

I also found him a pipe and lent him my hat. See his big schnoz? And bushy eyebrows? He's more like an old man snowman. A snoldman, maybe, even.

It's so nice to know you have fun co-workers, isn't it? I really do like everyone I work with, which is great.

All pictures courtesy of Sylvie, and thank god there are people around to take pictures of things because I really am the worst when it comes to documenting my life.


No comments:
Post a Comment