Dios mio...
This week has flown by! I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to update, but honestly, Tyler and I have been so busy with work that that's really all I can update about!
I'm nearing the end of my training with my new job, and to be honest, I'm scared shitless to be on my own come Monday. There's so much to know and so much that I STILL don't know...especially with the agent where I deal with her backlist and foreign rights/permission/contracts/processing checks and invoices, etc. It's more business than literary, though I do get to read queries, but I have absolutely no accounting or legal knowledge at all, and it's scary to be thrust into something you have no knowledge of.
I do love all of my fellow assistants. Everyone has been really nice and has offered lots of help and advice. I know that I'll be clueless for a little while, but eventually I'll get the hang of it and I'll look back at this post and laugh. It's just hard to keep that in perspective sometimes.
But get this:
On top of it all...
I have the flu.
After three years of not being sick AT ALL, I get the flu my first week of work.
Isn't that just how it goes, though? Like, of course that would happen to me. Of course. My fever was 101 degrees last night, but around 1 am I woke up bathed in sweat and my body was no longer on fire, so I think I'm over that. I silently prayed that my fever wouldn't get any higher, because I have no health insurance yet and didn't want to go to the doctor. Luckily my prayers were answered.
Meanwhile, Tyler's been working 15 hour days finishing a freelance job after coming home from work. We've barely seen each other the last couple days, which is sad. But there's an end in sight...it's just not for another month or so.
We're expecting more snow tonight. I keep trying to remember that it's already almost the end of January, and soon spring will come, and this winter isn't as bad as last year's neverending winter. I'll never forget last winter when the wind chill in Omaha was -35 and it was so cold there were rainbow rings around the sun from the ice crystals reflecting in the air. A client from The MSR Group made me go outside to Starbucks to get her a latte because our brewed coffee wasn't good enough.
Hopefully no one ever asks me to do that again, because now I don't have a car with remote car start to drive to Starbucks; I'd have to walk!
20 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment