I keep this quote on a Post-It in my weekly planner (yes, I'm the dork who has a weekly planner):
"Whenever you're wrong, admit it; whenever you're right, shut up."
-- Ogden Nash
It's hard for me to keep in mind sometimes because, as my little brother can wholeheartedly attest, I like to be right. And when I'm right, I want others to know it. It's definitely something I need to work on, especially when Tyler and I argue about stupid things. Most of the time it's an "argument" (in the loosest sense of the term) because I can't back down or can't let something go and keep badgering him until he exclaims in exasperation, "Okay! You're right!"
Then I try not to gloat. But sometimes I do a little.
Anyway, while Tyler enjoys a relaxing holiday weekend on Long Island at Jocelin's parents' house, I am having my own little relaxing holiday post-work: a glass of wine, some cookies, a hot bubble bath, and a book. And a candle.
And earlier I was listening to Fleetwood Mac while doing the dishes.
Now I'm going to get into bed at 8:45 p.m. and read until I fall asleep.
How much girlier can it get?
(Pssst! By the way, Tyler's mom Roxanne made us the best care package this week. It was full of Outrageous and Gingersnap cookies, lemon poppyseed bread, and deer sausage. And two magazines. AND scotcharoos! Needless to say we (read: I) inhaled the cookies and scotcharoos, and everything was gone in two days. Thanks Roxanne! If any of y'all want to send a similar package, we'll accept with open arms and big hungry bellies. I think I ate three gingersnaps and a scotcharoo for dinner the first night we got them. Tyler claims he only got "four forkfuls" of bread but he must've gotten more....right? I couldn't have eaten that whole loaf myself...could I? Guys? *Crickets chirp*)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just wanted to know how you liked the deer/Bambi sausage?
ReplyDeletevery funny, dad!
ReplyDelete