A couple of days ago a package arrived on our doorstep. Of course, the mailman didn't knock or ring our buzzer to let us know we had a present (we've been having constant problems with our mail carriers, i.e. not trying to deliver packages to us and leaving parcels needing delivery confirmation by our front door without a signature) but I was glad to receive it anyway.
Inside was a care package from our good friends in Omaha -- Hannah, Josh, Andy, Alli, Tourek, and Junk. My especially-belated birthday presents from Hannah were in there -- a pink leather Hobo wallet, a locket, and a journal -- but Tyler also got some hot sauce goodies and Dorothy Lynch. I still haven't tried Dorothy Lynch on pizza like Tyler, but I'm not averse to it. I don't know about the hot sauce, though...it looks really hot!
Everything in the package was Nebraska-based or reminded us of home -- Nebraska shirts, a bunch of Kool-Aid packets (since Kool-Aid was invented in Hastings, Nebraska, and is Nebraska's "official soft drink," whatever that means). Milano cookies because I love cookies, two endearing cards, and they even all pitched in some money and wrote a check to help us buy a plane ticket home to visit!
It was so thoughtful and we felt so loved, and writing this now makes me tear up a bit. I'm so thankful we have such great friends and I hope our friendship never dimishes because of distance. Tyler and I are trying to make it to Omaha for Thanksgiving so hopefully we'll be able to see everyone for a few days...

you have friends because you're both so lovable! Just got to Chama....32 degrees tonight....love you..oh..watch for a package...gma
ReplyDelete