26 July 2010

Lovely, Still

When I moved into my first apartment on 40th and Harney in 2007, the building was full of friends. One of them was Nik Fackler.

Nik was (and still is) so nice to me. We watched Sex and the City episodes together (because no one else would) and drank homemade mead. The night the last Harry Potter book came out, a group of us bought it at Baker's and we spent all the next day reading it on his porch. He always made a point to say hello to me at parties, and if I left late at night he would walk me home because the neighborhood wasn't so great.

Around that time, Nik was getting ready to start filming his movie, Lovely, Still. He was 23, I think, and nervous because it was his first 'big' movie with financial backing and with two great stars -- Martin Landau and Ellen Burstyn! Elizabeth Banks (40 Year Old Virgin, Seabiscuit) and Adam Scott (Knocked Up, The Aviator, Six Feet Under) are in it too. All of us at 40th and Harney were so excited and got all the updates on the process.

Then Nik was gone for awhile, busy with filming his movie. I didn't see him much after that, but whenever we meet he always hugs me and we have a lovely conversation. I was so proud when I'd see articles in the paper about his movie -- we all were. That guy is my friend! And it WON best film and best director at the California Film Festival.

Well, today his movie trailer was on Apple's front page!! I encourage you all to watch it! It was filmed in midtown Omaha by an Omahan and it deserves all the viewings it can get. You should see it when it hits theaters and support one of the nicest guys ever.

Here's another trailer, too.

Here's to you, Nik! I wish you only the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment