28 July 2010

3 years have gone by...

Yesterday Tyler and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary.

By "celebrated" I mean we worked all afternoon, then got two slices of pizza and a beer for $6 from Danny's and a giant bottle of cheap wine from the liquor store. Then we sat on the couch and watched music documentaries all night. I still had a good time, though.

Maybe we'll go out for a nice dinner when one of us gets a real job.

Speaking of real job, I went out today to hand out resumes at coffee shops. I went to three places and no one was hiring. I know, I know, it's only three places, but still...I get discouraged easily. I'm not used to looking for jobs. I've only had like, 4 jobs in my life and they came pretty easily. I didn't have to look very hard or apply to 80 different places. And here, it seems like most people get jobs from friends or some kind of connection, and I don't have many friends here yet.

And I don't think Ty got the Bedford/St Martin's job. They haven't called yet so we're assuming the worst. That really sucks and I'm kind of pissed...I guess I just had my hopes up too high. Tyler had 3 or 4 interviews AND did some silly assignment 'writing sample' for them that took him like 4 hours. They kept saying he'd be perfect for the job and then...nothing.

Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment