17 June 2010

Montrose Avenue

Here it is...the facade of our new abode. Tyler signed a 2-year lease today (that means we are going to be in NY TWO YEARS...) for a cute--well, I'm assuming it's cute, I haven't seen it yet--2nd floor 1 bedroom with a little nook for an office, a teeny bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom. According to Tyler it was "by far the most spacious" but we had to get a broker in order to get the thing. I think it's worth it, though; the fee is half a month's rent but the rent's only $1375. (Only? I know. Talking like a New Yorker already.) Which is, need I remind, a lot cheaper than the $1600 closet in Williamsburg we'd considered before.

And for some reason, it seems a lot less heart-stopping to pay $650 a month as opposed to $800.

Anyway. I'm pretty excited we now have a place to live. AND it's only a block and a half from the Montrose L, AND there's a Walgreen's nearby so I won't have to change my prescriptions, AND next door is Cafe Nijasol-- which has me speculating how exactly you pronounce it. AND there are TREES! It is a TREE-LINED street! AND it's only two buildings away from Duck Duck, Jenny and Dave's bar. Tyler used to work there, and I just love it -- and I love Jenny and Dave, considering Jenny is one of Tyler's closest NY friends and Dave is, well, entertaining. Not to mention the fact that they are 2 of maybe 5 people that I know there.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful building! i'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this building! We wish we could meet you at the door to help you unload, clean up, settle in, stock the fridge and share a glass of wine with you to toast your new home. We are so excited for the two of you on this new adventure! Gary and Rox - Rapid City

    ReplyDelete