04 June 2010

The Beginning

To set the scene, an introduction:



The NE-NY transplants


To me, the idea of moving -- really leaving -- became real the day Tyler graduated from UNO with his Masters in English. May 8th. It was the only reason we'd been waiting so long to move, really, since I'd graduated in December. What had kept us both in Omaha no longer held us here, and since he'd soon be unemployed (he was a TA) it acted as a catalyst to get the ball rolling.



And of course, Niles, our cuddly (usually) cat who grows ever fatter.


Since I'm a huge animal lover and so, naturally, love Niles to death, you'll probably hear a lot about him. Since I grew up with dogs, I sort of treat Niles like a dog, and I don't understand when he doesn't want to be picked up or have his fur ruffled. He's a good sport about it, though, and likes to sleep in our bed at night, curled in the crook of my arm.




1 comment:

  1. Sarah, You know that we will be with you and Tyler in sprit...all our love and best wishes will be with you each and every mile. I love your blog and it will be something to look forward everyday to see what new you've blogged. I, too, hope that Pel is going to a good home! gma

    ReplyDelete