02 November 2011

Make new friends, but keep the old

My friend Hannah is gone, back to sunny San Francisco just in time before the snowstorm that hit us last weekend!

We had a great time, drinking, laughing, and eating lots of good food! It was nice to have her here, and I cried when she left. I realized that I have few really great girlfriends here. Am I to blame for this? I admit I haven't really tried very hard, partly because I'm busy and partly because I didn't want to expend the energy. It's exhausting--it seems so much more difficult to make friends the older you get. Maybe it's just me getting crankier, pickier, more anti-social. I feel like I have many New York acquaintances, but few close friends.

And definitely no bestie.

Now to find a way to visit her in San Francisco! She'll teach me to surf.



No comments:

Post a Comment