Last Halloween was the inaugural DuckDuck Ladies' Arm Wrestling Tournament. I didn't make it far, but I made it past the first round, only to be beat by the eventual champion, Bloodbath, in about half a second.
This year it happened again on Halloween, and I was all too eager to participate!
I studied.
I learned about the top roll, the hook, and the shoulder press, and I even watched a couple of YouTube videos to pump myself up! I take my participation seriously.
Mostly, I didn't want to get slaughtered.
The turnout was easily double what it was last year--and the girls were SERIOUS. Seriously muscular, seriously competitive, and seriously...better than me. But I didn't give up without a fight. There were 16 contestants, including me.
These gals were first. Nurses who sang the National Anthem!
I made it through round one.
People started placing bets in round two.
When I was called to the 2nd round, I faced a girl who had beat her opponent so swiftly there was barely time to absorb what had just happened. My good friends placed bets in my favor--but even the EMCEE bet against me!
BUT THEN HE LOST HIS FIVE BUCKS, because to everyone's surprise, I beat her! 120-pound me, the underdog, made it to the semifinals, the Final Four. But by then I knew I was hopeless.
My opponent: one of the nuses, who was at least 6'1".
I lost, but it was so fun seeing it through to the end!
Bloodbath won again, and well deserved, though rumor has it she's the girlfriend of the emcee, who had brought the league-style table and organized the even last year. So I'll bet she's had a lot of practice!
But hey. Fourth outta sixteen ain't bad.
Time to start training for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment