Sarah, Tyler, and their cat Niles -- leaving their hometown of Omaha, NE, embarking on new adventures and creating a new home in Brooklyn, New York.
08 September 2011
Trapeze
Those of you who have Facebook and are friends with me will already know this, but a couple of weeks ago I took a crash course in circus performing. It was a blast! I learned silks, tightrope walking, and the trapeze, and fell instantly in love with the trapeze. I liked it so much, actually, that I resolved to go again and take one of their Beginning Trapeze drop-in classes.
On Tuesday I went with a friend I'd met in the first class, and this time the hour was spent solely on learning the basics.
The silks--they were very, very hard.
It was so hard, and today I can hardly move! I always thought I was in pretty good shape, but trying to pull yourself up a rope with only your upper body made me realize what a weakling I am. But I love the challenge. It's a great workout and FUN and I'll probably go again.
go girl!!!!we are leaving for home tomorrow, but will be back in Chama on the 22nd. We had coats on this a.m. and it rained all night. love you
ReplyDelete