Tonight, as I traveled from corner store to corner store in search of ingredients to make black bean soup, I was struck by something.
I've noticed it at several places, but I must've been unconsciously storing it away in my brain because it didn't click until I reached the small corner store/deli next to our apartment and noticed they had two different kinds of canned pineapple but no black beans.
Last week, Tyler and I went to FOUR different stores looking for a can of green chiles. We even went to the Hispanic grocery store and there was nothing. We live in a neighborhood with a lot of Puerto Ricans -- the street we live near is called "The Avenue of Puerto Rico" for God's sake -- but no green chiles were to be found.
However. There was lots and lots of Dole canned pineapple. And pickled jalepenos.
What is it about canned pineapple? It's so...gross...
13 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment