So my first day of work was...okay.
I just don't want to work in a coffee shop anymore.
And I felt kind of tricked when, at the end of my first shift this morning, the owner told me since the first two days are "training" days, I won't get paid. Just tips. Which consisted of about four dollars as of noon.
I wish I would've been informed of this earlier. I don't like free labor. I still worked.
And I hate that I'm already dreading tomorrow...
I miss going to work every day in the small office of The MSR Group, where I was busy all day and got paid really well to do what I did, and enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. And I was good at it and got the weekends and holidays off, and health insurance and benefits.
12 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Remember ... you are gathering material for the second great American novel ... so you should pay THEM to allow you the rich experience of being exposed to the New Yorkers and their unique characteristics!! Keep the faith!
ReplyDeleteKeep your head up babe! That SUCKS for real that he didn't pay you but you never know if something better is right around the corner!
ReplyDeletexoxo Rah