17 January 2012

Call Your Girlfriend

The Thursday before New Year's Eve, Josh and Nick and I half-drunkenly decided, after a night of $5 unlimited tacos and buckets of beer, to practice the dance to "Call Your Girlfriend" by Swedish pop singer Robyn. We went to Josh's house and practiced so many times that I had pit stains from dancing so much.

I've seen this video umpteen times and I love it every time:


What I love most about Robyn, especially in this video, is that she isn't a staggeringly amazing dancer like Beyonce. I mean, Robyn's good enough, she's got some moves, but she's also just average enough to make you feel like you could dance along too. It's not completely out of reach, even for a gangly, uncoordinated, graceless girl like me.

Our pal Lindsay Gortemaker so very kindly recorded us dancing after midnight to Robyn. I just love the look on my dad's face in the background. Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment