06 October 2011

Autumn Updates

Where has the time gone? Summer is waving its final goodbye with a deliciously warm weekend ahead (77!) and my mind is starting to switch gears to hibernation mode. It's also busier at work, which means the only time I'll get to enjoy the sunshine is on my brief walk through the park in the mornings and when I walk by a window in the office. Humans aren't meant to live such lives...

It's been a great summer, though, and although I always mourn its passing I feel that this year I have little to complain about. I went to the beach multiple times, visited home for the Fourth of July, had the best vacation in Mexico with Tyler and family, took trapeze lessons, went to the Mermaid Parade in Coney Island with my friend Paul, scored tickets to the U.S. Open, attended my first Yankees game, and survived my first hurricane. We celebrated our four-year anniversary and my 24th birthday with delicious dinners in new neighborhoods of Brooklyn. I read voraciously, nearly completing my summer reading list, and even started a book club with some friends (next up: Ghost Story by Peter Straub!).

Fall is shaping up pretty nicely so far, too...


We went on a hike upstate to Minnewaska State Park with some Omaha friends living in Albany (and I saw the Catskills for the first time!)



Also a waterfall, with water so clear you could see the rocks and little fish at the bottom.


And a couple of weekends ago I got to go apple-picking in Warwick, New York. I perfected my tree-climbing skills to get the best-looking apples, and I might say I did a pretty good job, especially considering the orchard is also a winery where we imbibed more than one bottle...

Pictures to come with that adventure. They're too big to upload, and my computer is on its last legs and is hobbling along like an old man--slowly, with a pained effort. It's been a good computer, though--it's lasted me since high school graduation six years ago. But it's almost time to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment