Our 4th of July weekend may have been one of the best weekends I've had in a very long time. We flew to Omaha to celebrate the 4th at infamous Arkwright Pool Day, which we sadly missed last year because we were moving. (And we seriously considered postponing our move-in date just so we could go, it's that fun.) A bunch of Tyler's friends were in town, too.
There were:
Strawberry daiquiris
Endless floating on the pool
Dudes playing basketball in the pool
Home run derby
Teri's famous dip
Lots and lots of food
Friends
Family
Grilling
Teri's rum punch
Golden retrievers
Trees and trees
etc etc.
The weather was perfect...
And so were the friends.
Perfect weekends like this make me miss home a lot, especially because I haven't quite found the same type of people here and sometimes I get a little lonely when I think of how few good friends I have in New York. I don't have people like the ones I left behind. But I know it just takes time...
Thanks for a fun trip, everyone. There really wasn't a sour moment. (And I got to drive for the first time in six months!)

No comments:
Post a Comment