Yikes.
What happened?
I really am the worst blogger in the world. I do have this awful habit of starting things, getting really into for awhile, and then quickly losing interest and dropping it. Like when I played the clarinet in elementary school. I loved it. My parents wanted to support me. They bought my clarinet.
Then middle school came, and I started 8th grade in a new state, new city, and no friends. First day of band practice the instructor scared all the musical finesse out of me by declaring we all needed to know every scale by heart at this point. Every flat, sharp, minor, major, whatever.
I gulped. After an anxiety-ridden first class, I packed my clarinet and its slobbery reed into the hard plastic case and never opened it back up again.
Or the time in high school when I decided to actually make an effort an join an organized sports team for once in my life. Because I lacked any skills to play tennis, swim, cheer, soccer, volleyball, or softball, I joined the one sport where all you have to do is run: track.
I used to be good at track. I had long scrawny legs and had the highest high jump score of all my classmates...in 6th grade PE. So I thought that, even though I hated running, maybe I had a knack for it and could force myself to like being physically active.
My mom bought me a pair of nice running shoes that we couldn't afford at the time. I ran around the track, silently cursing every step, for three weeks before my ankle started hurting, and for me that was excuse enough to quit track. Plus, I hated practicing after school.
To be fair, though, I used those running shoes up until a couple years ago! That was at least seven years!
Then I wanted to be a yoga instructor at 19 and went to teacher training school...while I was a sophomore in college. Though I loved my classes and do want to finish someday, I felt unprepared to teach others, and a fraud for going to classes and practicing ahimsa and then partying on the weekends with my friends.
And now blogging...
This blog did help me through my most homesick days, when it helped to feel close to everyone by writing. Then I got a stressful job that has pretty much taken up my life.
Then my NYU classes that I'd signed up for back in the fall started.
Then I decided to join a gym that costs enough for me to feel the need to justify it by going at least 4 times a week (after work, before work, and once on the weekend) so I don't feel like I'm wasting money. (But I don't regret it. I feel better!)
Then, Tyler's friend Lindsay came into town to visit.
A week later, my parents came to visit for 5 days, which was very fun and I miss them dearly!
A few days after that, Tyler's friend Travis came to stay with us for a few days. The day Travis left, we found out Tyler's brother Ryan was at the airport.
So needless to say, this little blog sort of went by the wayside. But I'll try to be better!
25 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think it's safe to say that you're busy! How is Niles adjusting to his new life? Seriously, I'm glad to get an update and what's going on in NY. I'm excited for May when D&J come here. Say "hi" to Tyler...love you
ReplyDeleteHi honey I miss you and think of you everyday. I know how busy you are and just wanted you to know how loved and treasured you are. Thank Ty for hanging out with us we had such a good time. I miss my friends at San Rocco. Love mom
ReplyDelete