I got a card from my grandma today, and in her PS she asked me to keep up my blog.
It reminded me that soon I won't be NE in BK anymore.
I won't get into unnecessary details, but some major changes happened in my life during the past two weeks, and I've decided to make a new start in San Francisco for a number of reasons.
Moving to the East Coast was difficult because I relied so heavily on Tyler as a support system--maybe a little too heavily. I don't have much family on this side of the Mississippi, and moving here was like moving to a different country. There isn't even anyone in train or bus distance, and as I get older I realize how important it is to have family nearby--at least for me. In San Francisco, I have an aunt, and just a state over, the entire side of mother's family resides in Arizona. Also, my best friend Hannah lives there, and sometimes that's even better than family.
California is comfortable to me. We vacationed there every summer when I was a kid, and it's a place I'm familiar with. I've always wanted to live there, but Tyler was always vehemently against it. But now I have a choice.
I'm so excited to see trees, water, and beaches every weekend. Hannah is going to teach me how to surf, and my new apartment is near the base of Mount Tamalpais, so I can mountain bike or hike up it to read, write, and just sit on the edge of the continent. Muir Woods is nearby. Whenever Hannah would call and tell me about her adventures, I'd be
secretly jealous that she got to bike through eucalyptus forests and
spend weekends surfing in Bolinas. Now I don't have to be jealous anymore!
I leave on March 3rd. I'm going to miss Brooklyn and all the friends I've made here. Who knows, maybe I'll be back someday. I sure am going to visit. I am so grateful for all the people I've met and opportunities I've had here--I wouldn't take it back for a second.
Which brings me to the blog...
It'll just be Niles and me, and we won't be in BK, and a fresh new start calls for a fresh new blog, don't you agree? I won't be updating quite yet, but once I settle down I'll start posting. Bookmark http://svinsf.tumblr.com for future updates on my new adventures!
xoxoxo
Sarah
15 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love you, Sarah and can't tell you how excited G'Pa and I am for you. I'll be saving my pennies so I can come visit and maybe I can talk your Mom into meeting me there. Please keep writing!
ReplyDelete