18 April 2011
A Case of the Mondays
Mondays always make me sad. I don't know what it is -- the thought of a busy workweek ahead, the constant trudging along in the corporate world, trying to 'make it', being stuck in the office for five consecutive days while the sun shines and tourists sit outside in the park eating gelato and taking pictures of the Flatiron. Maybe it's because I am mourning the loss of another weekend, two days that went by impossibly fast. This past weekend I had fun spending time with my second cousins, Sarah and Katie, who were visiting from Chicago(ish) and Denver, respectively. I took them out on Friday to eat sushi in Brooklyn, and on Saturday night I met them in the city for dinner with my great-aunt Mary. Mary is renting an apartment for a month in the city, and it was really great to hang out with family. I also met a family member I didn't know I had, Connie -- she is my great-grandma's sister's daughter...I think. Anyway, she lives across the street from where Mary is staying, and even though Connie is a distant relative, it's nice to know that at least I have some family nearby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ah, Sarah..I miss you!
ReplyDeleteLove, G'ma
miss you too, grandma. i hope you and mom have a lot of fun when she comes down to visit!!
ReplyDelete